About the client
Our client manufactures and supplies plasma etch, deposition, and packaging equipment for semiconductor markets. Our client provide solutions for EMS/NEMS, solid-state lighting, wireless, photomask, nanotechnology, renewable energy, data storage, photonics, and R&D market
Our client like to streamline the process of engineering change orders to reduce costs and cycle time.
To improve the Engineering Change Order process, they require a certain amount of organizational
change and the bandwidth to implement and maintain them. The reality is that most companies have a
shortage of staff with the appropriate skills and time for ECO management.
Engineering changes occupying almost one third of their total R&D capacity. Managing the Process of
Engineering Change Orders was 30-50% of their engineering capacity and 20-50% of tool costs.
Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) are an essential part of the development process. Sometimes
client’s vendor alters a part which he supplies which leads to equipment re design/documenting the
information up to date. Oftentimes, errors or malfunctions are not evident until testing and modeling, or
once customer use reveals them.
It’s not only an expensive process, it also consumes the valuable time and talent of testing, engineering
and operations groups, taking them away from higher-value activities. Continuous revision
simultaneously improves product development and impedes the process.
The longer it takes to implement a change, the larger the negative effects on the project.
So our client asked us to address above all issues.
- Re designed various modules of PECVD, CVD, MOCVD, IBD etc. tools.
- Designed wafer transfer module system, process chambers, vacuum & pneumatic system.
- Reverse /Re-Engineering for Existing Product at various level.
- Thermal and Flow analysis for shower head replacement projects.
- Design calculations for various mechanisms like lift pin, rotatory gear, frame designs.
- Developed new units such as Power Supply, Gas Box with components and cable/pipe routing.
- Tolerance Analysis for new assemblies and modules.
- Preparation of Customer Layout drawings.
- Designed and Drafting support for turn-key projects.
- Designed of Retrofit-Kits for the field replacement.
- Controlling the version release of various documents through ECO/ECR cycle.
- Handed Legacy conversion projects for better turnover.
- Collaboration with SCM and purchase teams for inventory planning and management.
Key Features & Benefites
- Fixed team comprises of Mechanical, Electrical Engineers, quality assurance/control engineer and a Project Manager
- System in place to have continuous upgradation of domain and client’s product knowledge for team members
- Regular periodical review system in place to pay attention to customer’s comments and specific target date to address issues
- Supported more than 1,000 ECOs since five years.
- Ensured the uninterrupted work flow
Established in 2001, Total Outsource, Inc. (DGS) is ISO certified company offers Mechanical engineering services for Industrial, Semiconductor, Material Handling, Energy, Oil & Gas, Restaurant & Food equipment, Transportation, Construction& Material handling and Packaging industries. Be it designing new products or solving complex engineering challenges, our multi-disciplinary team works closely with you to engineer solutions for a wide range of business requirements
Our specialized services are Product Design, Machine Design, Concept Design, CAD Customization, Design Automation, (3D modelling and 2D Drafting), Finite Element Analysis, Re-Engineering, Reverse Engineering, , Legacy conversion and Technical Publications such as Creating Operation/User manuals, Language Translation, 3D Graphics and Animation.