About the client
Our client is a leader in design and manufacture of Truck trailers. Based out of USA, they have established a reputation of quality, Value and Superior customer satisfaction. They have their own in house manufacturing and welding facility.
Key features & benefites
About the client
Our client is a leader in design and manufacture of Truck trailers. Based out of USA, they have
established a reputation of quality, Value and Superior customer satisfaction. They have their own
in house manufacturing and welding facility.
Client wanted DGS to design a welding fixture for their new trailer. The welding fixture shall be
capable of accommodating different sizes of trailers, besides string enough to withstand weight of
trailers. The fixture shall be easy to operate and reduce welding time
• There are totally 7 different trailers varying in size.
• A single fixture should accommodate all the 7 trailers.
• The fixture shall be designed in such a way to weld both top and bottom surface of trailer.
• The welder should have as much as accessibility to the parts as possible.
• Ease of loading and unloading.
• Selection of OEM components for correct assembly and easy maintenance.
• Fixture was designed with a single base large enough to hold all sizes of trailers.
• Adjustable supports and adjustable clamps provided to accommodate different sizes.
• Accurate locating points provided.
• The initial column locator is set up to fix a base datum for the rest of the columns.
• Fixture mounted on swing bed to facilitate top and bottom welding.
• Mfg. drawings & Bill of Materials provided.
• Standard OEM parts selected to reduce cost.
Key Features & Benefites
- Single fixture designed to hold all 7 different sizes of trailers, thereby reducing fixture cost.
• Single fixture designed to weld all parts of trailer assembly, thereby reducing welding time.
• Easy to operate, load and unload components.
• The systematic drawings, BoM and design calculations helped to validate designs to the
Established in 2001, Total Outsource, Inc. (DGS) is ISO certified company offers Mechanical engineering services for Industrial, Semiconductor, Material Handling, Energy, Oil & Gas, Restaurant & Food equipment, Transportation, Construction& Material handling and Packaging industries. Be it designing new products or solving complex engineering challenges, our multi-disciplinary team works closely with you to engineer solutions for a wide range of business requirements
Our specialized services are Product Design, Machine Design, Concept Design, CAD Customization, Design Automation, (3D modelling and 2D Drafting), Finite Element Analysis, Re-Engineering, Reverse Engineering, , Legacy conversion and Technical Publications such as Creating Operation/User manuals, Language Translation, 3D Graphics and Animation.